Eternal Fruit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Eternal Fruit

A Mature Twilight Fan Site

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

when edward left

Go down 
+4
almdubv
Briana
the_unobservantone
Kaiia
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaiia
Admin
Kaiia

when edward left Empty
PostSubject: when edward left   when edward left Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 5:55 am

this is the worst moment in any book i have ever read, i
want to know how it made you guys feel

discuss away!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/beppybutt
the_unobservantone
leaving phoenix
the_unobservantone

when edward left Empty
PostSubject: Experiencing a bad break-up   when edward left Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 5:11 am

That part of the book was depressing for me. I read it just a few months after getting out of a really serious relationship. I felt like I could relate to everything Bella was feeling, although far less dramatic. He was no Edward, but he was my first love. I think that part of the book means a lot more after you've actually been through that kind of situation.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=715685733
Kaiia
Admin
Kaiia

when edward left Empty
PostSubject: Re: when edward left   when edward left Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 5:54 am

Exactly, same situation for me. the sad thing is the night i started new moon
was the night i broke up with my boyfriends. i didnt break up with him because i didnt love him
but at that point in my life, i couldnt have a bf. my love for him was nothing as near as edwards and bellas,
but it just made things worse, i as expecting to sit down and read about the amazing edward and bella
and there happy love life, then the metor hits and edward leave... wow was that hard lol

i was balling like a baby! it sucked so bad lol
Back to top Go down
the_unobservantone
leaving phoenix
the_unobservantone

when edward left Empty
PostSubject: Re: when edward left   when edward left Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 6:10 am

I'm glad I didn't read it any sooner or else it probably would have destroyed me. I read it at the perfect time, as I was just beginning to heal. Like Bella it hurt to listen to music or watch movies that were about relationships for a long time. Everything changed after I read Twilight. And New Moon felt kind of liberating, I don't know why. Just being able to relate to someone I guess. And in Edward's light, my ex-boyfriend looked like a dick. So it's all good! lol.
Back to top Go down
Kaiia
Admin
Kaiia

when edward left Empty
PostSubject: Re: when edward left   when edward left Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 6:12 am

Quote :
And in Edward's light, my ex-boyfriend looked like a dick. So it's all good! lol.

lol omg, that made me laugh!
Back to top Go down
Briana
leaving phoenix
Briana

when edward left Empty
PostSubject: Re: when edward left   when edward left Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 8:04 pm

Honestly... it just made me mad. I probably wasn't even as upset as I should have been because I was so angry at him.

I really hate the part before he left too, though. When he is barely talkng to her... and like when he is at her house and just watches TV with Charlie. That part made me sad... I felt so bad for Bella.
Back to top Go down
Kaiia
Admin
Kaiia

when edward left Empty
PostSubject: Re: when edward left   when edward left Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 11:26 pm

Quote :
That part made me sad... I felt so bad for Bella.

yea totally, when he was acting like a dick before hand i was like..
omg are you serious, i want to kill your beautiful face. lol!!
Back to top Go down
almdubv
almdubv

when edward left Empty
PostSubject: Re: when edward left   when edward left Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 5:09 am

I was just flat out angry. I wanted Bella to have a little bit of confidence so badly, and go after him. The first time I read it, I just couldn't understand what was wrong with Edward. I felt like Bella should have been punching him in the face, or being all "You Don't Love Me? I Don't Believe That!" and then should have laid the biggest kiss on him, ever. I was in denial throughout that entire scene.

And although it was...really hard to read that, I loved how SM put the months following. Just blank pages with October, November, etc. I didn't cry until I saw that part. It captured everything...just time passing, and nothing else.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=25817124
Kaiia
Admin
Kaiia

when edward left Empty
PostSubject: Re: when edward left   when edward left Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 5:56 am

yea exactly! when i saw the pages thats when it really sunk in, like i at first thought i had a faulty copy
and was like NOOO!! but then i clued in lol and was really upset
Back to top Go down
au_kitkat
NewBorn
au_kitkat

when edward left Empty
PostSubject: Re: when edward left   when edward left Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 7:44 am

I was...confused. lol

I made the mistake of looking online for something about Twilight before I read New Moon, and people were asking if Edward came back. So I knew going into it he would leave sometime.
At first I was just mad. I didn't understand how he could just leave her like that. But I KNEW he had to have been lying. Feelings like that for someone don't just stop.
Then I got a little better and started reading about Jacob. Whom I love. Very Happy
He made it much better, but I was SO glad when Edward came back.
SO happy. lol
Back to top Go down
sarah_hifive
hugging Rene Goodbye
sarah_hifive

when edward left Empty
PostSubject: Re: when edward left   when edward left Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 7:55 am

Katie, I love your 3rd icon in your sig!! Razz

Anyway, back on topic lol
I spoiled myself before I read NM. I joined up on imdb and read about Edward leaving which really bummed me out because as I was reading NM and Edward was being all cold and stiff towards Bella (which actually made me cry because it was so out of character for him to be like that towards Bella) I knew he was going to leave.

The actual conversation he had with Bella before he actually left didn't make me cry, the months afterwards did. I saw those blank pages and burst into tears. Crying or Very sad
And I missed him the entire time he was away.
There was not one moment where I thought Bella would be better off with Jake. It was always Edward for me lol

I found it harder to read the moments before he told her he was leaving, rather than the moments after to be honest.
Edward not talking to Bella? Not being normal with her?
I have to admit I hurt so bad for Bella at that point Embarassed
Back to top Go down
au_kitkat
NewBorn
au_kitkat

when edward left Empty
PostSubject: Re: when edward left   when edward left Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 8:19 am

haha thanks sarah. i love the first one in yours. Very Happy

I didn't really make it clear up there, but i never thought bella would be better off with jacob, never.
However, New Moon was when I learned to love Jacob, and I really...feel for Jacob..
I get what he went through. So I'll always hae a soft spot for New Moon/Jacob even though Edward was gone and it wasn't the same until he came back Smile
Back to top Go down
Briana
leaving phoenix
Briana

when edward left Empty
PostSubject: Re: when edward left   when edward left Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 7:02 pm

au_kitkat, I did the exact same thing! I was reading online about Twilight before I read New Moon and people were basically doing the same thing we are here... discussing "when Edward left" and my heart just dropped. I was like WHAT??? He LEAVES??? NOOOOO. So until he actually left, I was just sitting there waiting for it. Not fun.
Back to top Go down
Glambitious77
NewBorn
Glambitious77

when edward left Empty
PostSubject: Re: when edward left   when edward left Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 4:49 pm

My friend spoiled Edward leaving...she was really bummed at school one day and I asked what was wrong and she said Edward left. My first immediate reaction was 'Oh sh*t. Because I didnt know that SM was writing Eclipse, and there was this 500 pg. book coming up that didnt have Edward! (I was reading Twilight at the time when she told me)

I really dont remember New Moon very well, I was so depressed and angry about Edward leaving, I just wanted him to come back! When Jacob showed up it made me even more mad...i just wanted Bella and Edward together! It made me happy reading about them being happy Very Happy (sappy i know) So obviously I didnt like reading about Jacob...but I love him too. Smile I picture him like a big teddy bear. lol
Back to top Go down
the_unobservantone
leaving phoenix
the_unobservantone

when edward left Empty
PostSubject: Re: when edward left   when edward left Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 6:17 pm

I spoiled him leaving for my little sister. I read New Moon and Eclipse while she was reading Twilight and a lot of times we would just hang out and read at the same time. It's really hard not to vent out loud about that kind of stuff! I was just like "Oops... sorry!".
Back to top Go down
Nanashi
Nanashi

when edward left Empty
PostSubject: Re: when edward left   when edward left Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 7:44 pm

So basically every time I read NM I cry.
Like really hard.
Pretty much just bawl my eyes out.
And I can still pin point the exact line that made me cry the first time I read it.

"You.. don't ... want me?"
((...))
"No."

((Page 69-70))

When I read his response, it just all came out.
It made me so angry that he could just leave it at that one simple word.
Gah...
*shakes fist*

I cried for like a half hour, and couldn't read at all during that time.
And my dad and sister were like "huh?"
Cause they totally didn't get it.
*sigh*
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crimsonstainsonmyheart
Glambitious77
NewBorn
Glambitious77

when edward left Empty
PostSubject: Re: when edward left   when edward left Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 8:01 pm

My mom surprised me with New Moon one day, and when I read the books the lock myself in my room for 2-3 days...haha She came in one day and I'm sitting just there my face all red and sweaty and shes just like 'Oh you're reading...I'll come back later."

Shes learned to just let me be Smile
Back to top Go down
Nanashi
Nanashi

when edward left Empty
PostSubject: Re: when edward left   when edward left Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 8:53 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crimsonstainsonmyheart
Sponsored content

when edward left Empty
PostSubject: Re: when edward left   when edward left Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

when edward left
Page 1 of 1