Eternal Fruit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Eternal Fruit

A Mature Twilight Fan Site

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What are you reading?

Go down 
+3
undiscoveredwings
almdubv
Kaiia
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaiia
Admin
Kaiia

What are you reading? Empty
PostSubject: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 6:07 am

Well Breaking dawn isnt out till august 2nd, and ive read so much lol
but now im stumped on what to read.

I just finished the gemma doyle trilogy and it was AMAZING,
what books do you recommend for everone to read untill BD?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/beppybutt
almdubv
almdubv

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 3:58 am

I was just at Barnes and Noble, and I saw the Gemme Doyle trilogy, and thought, ehhh it'll never be as good as Twilight, so I'm not going to read it. Ha. But apparently, it's worth it?

Instead, I picked up A Great and Terrible Beauty, since everyone on the IMDB boards always recommend it, How To Seduce a Ghost, because it was in the bargain section for like five bucks, and...

Hmm. The Sight? by David Clemmen Davis. It seemed like it would be a good series.

edit: so apparently, the gemme doyle series is the same as a GTB. I was thinking about some series with Zoey in the name...the mark? or something?
sorry for the confusion.

Last edited by almdubv on Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong info)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=25817124
undiscoveredwings
NewBorn
undiscoveredwings

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 5:59 am

i just finished Maximum Ride 4 and it was disappointing but the series as a whole is pretty good. and im starting the second volume of the vampire diaries which is ok. and then after im goin to started the house of night series and the gemma series which i heard is awesome.

books i recommend are:

Blue Bloods & Masquerade - Schuyler Van Alen, 15, the last of the line in a distinguished family, is being raised by her distant and forbidding grandmother. Schuyler, her friend Oliver, and their new friend Dylan are treated like outsiders by the clique of popular, athletic, and beautiful teens made up of Mimi Force, her twin brother, and her best friend. What they have in common is the fact that they are all Blue Bloods, or vampires. They don't realize that they aren't normal until they reach age 15. Then the symptoms manifest themselves and they begin to crave raw meat, have nightmares about events in history, and get prominent blue veins in their arms. Their immortality and way of life are threatened after Blue Blood teens start getting murdered by a splinter group called the Silver Bloods.

Prom Nights From Hell - 5 supernatural prom stories written by Meg Cabot, Kim Harrison, Michele Jaffe, Stephenie Meyer, and Lauren Myracle. horror ranges from vampire to zombies to demons and angels

Vampire Academy - After two years on the run, best friends Rose, half-human/half-vampire, and Lissa, a mortal vampire princess, are caught and returned to St. Vladimir's Academy. Up until then, Rose had kept Lissa safe from her enemies; school, however, brings both girls additional challenges and responsibilities. How they handle peer pressure, nasty gossip, new relationships, and anonymous threats may mean life or death. Likable narrator Rose hides doubts about her friend behind a tough exterior; orphan Lissa, while coping with difficult emotional issues such as depression and survivor's guilt, uses her emerging gifts for good.

Maximum Ride - Max, 14, and her adopted family–Fang and Iggy, both 13, Nudge, 11, Gazzy, 8, and Angel, 6–were all created as experiments in a lab called the School. Jeb, a sympathetic scientist, helped them escape and, since then, they've been living on their own. The Erasers have orders to kill them so the world will never find out they exist. Max's old childhood friend, Ari, now an Eraser leader, tracks them down, kidnaps Angel, and transports her back to the School to live like a lab rat again. The youngsters are forced to use their special talents to rescue her as they attempt to learn about their pasts and their destinies

Vampire Diaries - Elena: the golden girl, the leader, the one who can have any boy she wants.
Stefan: brooding and mysterious, he seems to be the only one who can resist Elena, even as he struggles to protect her from the horrors that haunt his past.
Damon: sexy, dangerous, and driven by an urge for revenge against Stefan, the brother who betrayed him. Determined to have Elena, he'd kill to possess her.

Meg - Carcharodon megalodon, prehistoric ancestors of the shark, survive in the abyss, trapped in place by seven miles of frigid ocean water. Paleontologist Jonas Taylor, helping a friend recover scientific sensing units that have been mysteriously damaged in the ocean trench, watches helplessly as the "Meg" that destroys his friend's capsule is then ripped to shreds by its mate?who then migrates to the surface. The female Meg is pregnant and hungry and far too large to be contained. This first novel offers nonstop excitement, as Taylor and other scientists try to corral the beast, while idiotic tourists and news crews flock to the scene to watch. Only Taylor understands the size, power, and ferocity of the Meg.

i say all of these all worth read. =]

Last edited by undiscoveredwings on Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Briana
leaving phoenix
Briana

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 7:56 am

I just finished the last book in the Gemma Doyle trilogy... its amazing to me how much better each book is than the last.

Some of my favorite books... definitely worth reading, in my opinion(I am warning you,though, I like a very wide variety of books...)

Anybody Out There?
Watermelon
Rachel's Holiday
^all by Marian Keyes. They are all good, but Anybody Out There is the best, I think

The Next Thing on my List
The Time Traveler's Wife
11 Little Blue Envelopes
Prozac Nation
A Million Little Pieces
The Bell Jar
Gone With the Wind
The Undomestic Goddess
Queen of Babble
The Glass Castle
The Dark Materials Series (w/ the Golden Compass... I know it got a lot of bad press with the movie, but I read these books a few years ago and I thought they were really good. I didnt feel the sudden urge to try to kill God even once Wink )

Almost anything by Sydney Sheldon is good... well written and interesting. And, the Georgia Nicholson books are absolutely hilarious- they are kind of immature... geared toward young teens, but I'm 20 and I think they are really funny- quick easy reads but fun, but maybe I just have an immature mind, LoL.
Back to top Go down
sarah_hifive
hugging Rene Goodbye
sarah_hifive

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 2:38 am

I can't remember all the books I've read in the past few months.
Ever since reading Twilight in December of '07 I haven't been able to stop reading since. Cool

The Maximum Ride series is good, kind of childish in the way that it's narrated but still a very good series. I've only read the first and the second but I will probably read the 3rd soon.

At the moment I'm reading Pretties, the second book in the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld. I like it, but definitely not as much as Twilight. There was too much description about Tally's "journey" in the first, I skipped a lot of it and there wasn't enough character development. It seemed he wrote more about the actual place than the people in it. But I do like the series. Just not as much as I thought I would.

What I really want to read is A Great and Terrible Beauty, but apparently they're out of stock here Mad
Back to top Go down
the_unobservantone
leaving phoenix
the_unobservantone

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 2:46 am

The Time Traveler's Wife. A definite must-read but prepare to cry. One of my good friends in high school absolutely loved Gone With The Wind but it looks way too intimidating for me. Maybe I'll try it someday, when I have like a year to read it. Haha. Right now I'm reading Jane Eyre. I've always been opposed to reading it because I'm very biased towards my beloved Wuthering Heights, but I'm glad I finally gave it a chance. It's pretty good! (Doesn't touch WH, though.) I also just bought the book Winged Creatures and who knows what I'll read after that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=715685733
Briana
leaving phoenix
Briana

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 3:59 am

Yeh, I cried several times during The Time Travelers Wife.

You cant be scared of GWTW, though. I know its long... but it really isn't that daunting. Its suprisingly easy to read for such a long book.
Back to top Go down
the_unobservantone
leaving phoenix
the_unobservantone

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 4:02 am

I'm definitely going to read some of the books off your list. You seem to have good taste.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=715685733
Nanashi
Nanashi

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 9:00 pm

almdubv wrote:

edit: so apparently, the gemme doyle series is the same as a GTB. I was thinking about some series with Zoey in the name...the mark? or something?
sorry for the confusion.

The books with Zoey in them are the House of Night series.
They are pretty good.
No Twilight, but they are good in a different way.
You should like them if you don't compare them to Twilight in any way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crimsonstainsonmyheart
Nanashi
Nanashi

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 9:06 pm

I just finished the Gemma Doyle series. And LOVED it.
^_^

Then two days ago I finished To Catch a Pirate by Jade Parker. A nice quick read. I really liked it.
I just started A Countess Below Stairs by Eva Ibbotson. Its good so far. ^_^

My main recommendations right now:
* Tithe; Valiant; Ironside - By: Holly Black
Faeries. And not the type you'd find in children's fairy tales. But the edgy, non sugar-coated, faeries, and the realms that they live in.

I'm too lazy to post more.
Maybe later.
^_^
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crimsonstainsonmyheart
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you reading?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum